Palmilla Senior Living opened in June 2013 and is part of Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. We are considered a leader and innovator in senior living. Ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers, the privately held company owns and operates 33 senior living communities in 12 states from New York to Oregon. Spectrum currently employs a staff of more than 2,500 and oversees more than 3,900 apartments. Celebrating its 12th year of operations, the rapidly growing company has eight communities under construction and will manage 3,700 senior apartment homes by 2017. For more information, visit spectrumretirement.com.
The Executive Director is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Community, achieving and maintaining maximum occupancy of the Community, achieving high resident/employee satisfaction, generating respect in the neighborhood for the Community, ensuring smooth operation of the Community and generating the projected budget objectives for the company.
This position reports to the Vice President of Operations/Senior Vice President of Operations/Regional Executive Director.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Operate the Community in a manner that will ensure company profitability by exceeding all community budget and census guidelines as set by the company. Follow and adhere to the budget in all situations. Monitor staffing hours and overtime daily to detect problems early and to avoid utilizing temporary staffing.
- Ensure positive resident, family, and employee relations by responding promptly and appropriately to their needs, requests, concerns, and suggestions.
- Perform marketing and sales activities including public relations efforts, prospective resident follow-up, and direct sales monitoring to ensure positive occupancy percentages.
- Recruit, hire, train, discipline, and supervise staff in all departments.
- Contract for approved services (including beauty salon), and direct and evaluate the performance of all service contractors in providing needed services.
- Perform administrative duties including month-end reports. Timely and accurate completion of all daily, weekly, and monthly billings, and accounting and bookkeeping requirements (i.e., residents, A/R, A/P, payroll, collections, etc.
- Ensure activities programs will enrich the resident’s social and physical needs as well as increase their community involvement.
- Maintain confidential (HIPAA compliant), accurate, and appropriate records for each resident, prospective resident and employee of the Community.
- Comply with all state and federal laws and regulations and all company rules regarding the care of the residents and operation of the Community.
- Develop and maintain systems that will effectively monitor Community operations including, but not limited to, occupancy rate, income and expenses, supply and capital asset inventories, resident and staff satisfaction (i.e., suggestion boxes, surveys), family nights, monthly staff meetings, and weekly department meetings.
- Assist in coordinating resident move-ins. Periodically review each resident’s status and ability to perform under the terms and conditions of the Residency Agreement. Exercise professional judgment in determining each resident’s suitability and placement for transfer to an environment appropriate for their mental and physical condition.
- Routinely monitor the kitchen sanitation, meal quality, quality and appearance of service and staff, cleanliness of resident apartments, and resident satisfaction.
- Perform other duties that may be set by the corporation. Complete all assigned duties that may change from time-to-time according to resident needs, staffing levels, working circumstances and corporate directives.
- Must be able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, and move frequently during working hours.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. floor to waist, lift 10 lbs. waist to shoulder, lift and carry 30 lbs., and push/pull 40 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
Team Member Expectations:
- Preserve and protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of all medical records, proprietary and other confidential information relating to Spectrum Retirement, its residents, Team Members, activities and affiliates, in accordance with all applicable laws (especially HIPAA) and Spectrum policy.
- Promote Spectrum in a positive manner and lead by example, modeling our core values in everyday behavior
- Understand how to approach and communicate with all residents including those who are cognitively impaired.
- Treat residents, family members and other team members with dignity and respect while responding to their needs.
- Maintain and sustain a safe community and workplace.
- Follow Spectrums’ Policies, Procedures, and Manuals.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of high school diploma. Experience in leadership role in senior living or bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience & other requirements:
- Must have at least three years’ relevant experience.
- Must comply with all State and Federal mandated training and/or certification programs for the position of Executive Director.
- A continuous, demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the elderly and their needs and the competency to meet those needs on a consistent basis. Compassion for the elderly, disabled and sick.
- Good marketing and public relations skills; experience in personnel management. Good communication skills, verbal and written, and routinely follow written and verbal instructions. English language skills adequate to allow communication with residents and staff. Team-building and conflict resolution skills and meeting management; understanding of budgeting, financial record keeping and reporting, government regulations, operational systems and procedures and must be able to apply that understanding to ensure the smooth operation of the Community.
- Current state specific driver’s license and appropriate driving record.
Benefits: Spectrum Retirement Communities (SRC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Benefits program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) after completing 60 continuous days of service with the company. Spectrum Retirement Communities also follows the guidelines of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Variable hour team members will be measured using the defined measurement periods and offered benefits per the Act. The following benefits are offered to all eligible team members and their families:
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness and Life Insurance)
- HSA or FSA Spending Accounts
- PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Additional Application InstructionsPlease include a cover letter with your current compensation details/requirements.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Community Relations (Marketing) CoordinatorProvident Village at CreeksideSmyrna, GA, United StatesMar 22
Director of Wellness - Generations at AhwatukeeRetirement Community Specialists, LLCPhoenix, AZ, United StatesMar 16
Director of Wellness - RNSpectrum Retirement Communities, LLCOverland Park, KS, United StatesMar 07
Executive DirectorSpectrum Retirement Communities, LLCAlbuquerque, NM, United StatesMar 07
Regional Sales & Marketing DirectorRetirement Community Specialists, LLC (RCS)Phoenix, AZMar 01
Executive DirectorGRAND VILLA SENIOR LIVINGAltamonte Springs, FL, United StatesFeb 01
Executive DirectorSenior LifestyleSouth Jordan, UT, United StatesFeb 09
Executive DirectorSenior LifestyleBirmingham, MI, United StatesFeb 09
Executive DirectorGRAND VILLA SENIOR LIVINGEnglewood, FL, United StatesFeb 01
Executive DirectorSagora Senior LivingCorpus Christi, TX, United StatesFeb 15