Business Development Manager - Design & Construction (Development Consultant)
The Business Development Manager – Design & Construction (Development Consultant), is responsible for selling professional services for new developments, large renovations and building additions in the Senior Housing sector. A successful candidate will know the new construction development process and have experience in seniors housing, healthcare or multi-family - architecture or design background is a plus. They will be comfortable working with senior living developers, operators and funding sources, including REITs. He/she must be able to develop and implement strategic selling plans to achieve growth targets, as well as possess the technical knowledge necessary to sell and support the Aptura offering.
Learn about Aptura at Aptura.net.
VP, Sales – Capital
Direct Supply is the nation’s leading supplier of equipment, services and eCommerce systems to the Senior Living profession. Since 1985, we have assembled one of the brightest, hardest-working teams in America. Our high-tech culture is fast paced, and our business continues to grow at an astounding rate year after year. Best of all, we are a Milwaukee-based, 100% employee-owned company that offers great opportunities for ambitious, motivated people.
Essential job Functions Responsibilities:
- Meet and exceed revenue, margin, contract, and profitability goals as set for the fiscal year.
- Responsible for selling professional services including consulting, interior design, food service design, construction management, design build and other applicable services.
- Identify and close new opportunities by designing and delivering effective sales and value proposition presentations to C-suite level customers
- Learn and understand the client's internal culture. Know policies and procedures, communication preferences, political sensitivities, etc., and proactively develop plans to optimize customer’s project experience.
- Lead cross functional teams in charge of selling all services and engage internal/external groups as needed to complete the sale
- Develop and maintain longstanding relationships with key contacts (at facility and executive level) that allow us to introduce and sell additional services to our customers
- Be a Direct Supply, Inc. (DSI) ambassador at all times. Understand all aspects of the DSI business and provide opportunities for growing all lines of DSI business
- Update CRM and project software tools with customer/project information
- Work to strengthen Aptura’s presence in the industry by presenting products and services at conferences and to key contacts
- Up to 50% travel
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of business-to-business sales and account management experience
- Demonstrated experience creating, implementing, and managing sales strategies to meet or exceed revenue and margin goals
- Demonstrated analytical mindset – ability to conceptualize trends and develop solutions quickly
- Proven ability to initiate, monitor and control multiple unrelated projects and activities simultaneously
- Experience working with and leading cross functional teams to meet specific deliverables and desired outcomes
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Valid, unexpired state driver’s license with good driving record required
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze blueprints
- Experience selling professional services
- Demonstrated experience building high-level executive relationships
- Experience selling to long term care or hospitality industries
- Demonstrated understanding of the operations of a Senior Living community, including all logistics relating to the construction/renovation process.
- Peer Relationships
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Priority Setting
- Personal Learning
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Presentation Skills
- Dealing with Ambiguity
To apply for this or any other position at Direct Supply, please visit DirectSupply.com/Careers.
Direct Supply is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Community Relations (Marketing) CoordinatorProvident Village at CreeksideSmyrna, GA, United StatesMar 22
Director of Wellness - Generations at AhwatukeeRetirement Community Specialists, LLCPhoenix, AZ, United StatesMar 16
Director of Wellness - RNSpectrum Retirement Communities, LLCOverland Park, KS, United StatesMar 07
Executive DirectorSpectrum Retirement Communities, LLCAlbuquerque, NM, United StatesMar 07
Regional Sales & Marketing DirectorRetirement Community Specialists, LLC (RCS)Phoenix, AZMar 01
Senior Construction Project ManagerEdward Rose & SonsBloomfield Hills, MI, United StatesFeb 01
Business Office CoordinatorGRAND VILLA SENIOR LIVINGEnglewood, FL, United StatesFeb 01
Sales and Marketing DirectorSagora Senior LivingCorpus Christi, TX, United StatesFeb 15
Asset ManagerSenior LifestyleChicago, IL, United StatesFeb 09
Director of Health and WellnessSenior LifestyleO'Fallon, MO, United StatesJan 31